- Organic Jojoba Oil in actuality, is a liquid wax. It closely resembles the sebum of the skin, and is rich in vitamin E. This promotes a glowing complexion. It is composed of 98% monounsaturated fats and 2% saturated fats so it can penetrate your beards hair follicle and strengthen fibers from the inside giving elasticity and softness to your beard.
Organic Grapeseed Oil (beard oil, beard balm, shampoo bar, conditioner, skincare)
- This organic oil is obtained from the seeds of grapes cultivated in the Central valley of Chile. The oil is extracted without solvents or any kind of chemical processing. The oil is obtained by cold pressing followed by a thorough filtration, maintaining the components of the oil.
- This oil is an important source of antioxidants, nutrients that traps the free radicals generated by the skin lipids. The high contents of omega 6 fatty acids can assist with skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. It is rapidly absorbed by the skin and helps to tone up the skin, which contributes to a healthy looking beard.
Organic Hempseed Oil (shampoo bar, Conditioner, moustache wax, skincare)
- Organic Hemp Seed Oil is said to be rich in omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids (EFA's, good healthy fats), it has a full amino acid spectrum meaning that it provides complete protein and it has a high mineral content. It makes a fantastic conditioner due to its nutrients. Organic Hemp Seed Oil can be used to nourish the skin and hair due to its high content of proteins and essential fatty acids.
- Hemp Seed Oil closely matches our own skins lipids and the essential fatty acids are readily absorbed into the skin. Hence, Hemp Seed is said to play a preventative role in skin aging and a healthy moisture balance. Not only does Hemp Seed Oil contribute greatly to the barrier function and appearance of the skin, it also has other skin benefits such as offering relief to acne, minor abrasions, psoriasis and eczema.
Organic Sweet Almond Oil (beard butter, skincare)
- Sweet Almond Oil is an excellent emollient and is known for its ability to soften and re-condition facial hair. It is rich in proteins, Olein Glyceride Linoleic Acid and Vitamin D, and is considered extremely nourishing - particularly when used regularly. It can be expected to sooth dry skin and irritated areas.
Organic Carnauba Wax (moustache wax)
- Carnauba Wax is exuded from the leaves of the Brazilian palm tree known as Copernica Cerifera. Also referred to as the "Tree of Life", local Brazilians use many of the trees' produce for various necessities. Grown in the north eastern region of Brazil, the Carnauba tree proliferates along river banks, streams and damp lowlands. Although various Carnauba palms exist in other parts of South America, Africa and Ceylon, Carnauba wax is unique to the Brazilian palm, due to Brazil's irregular rainy seasons.
- Carnauba wax is a direct substitute for beeswax. It has similar properties to beeswax from its texture through to its moisturizing and skin protection. Carnauba wax acts as a humectant, emollient and emulsifying agent which makes it perfect to use in our Urban Beard Moustache Wax. Carnauba wax is an important ingredient in moustache wax as it makes hair look sleek and gives it a mild healthy shine.
Canadian Organic Beeswax (moustache wax)
(beeswax version of the moustache wax only)
- Beeswax has been known to add volume to hair and help make it stronger and thicker. Beeswax also provides improved control and texture which aids in styling. Beeswax adds shine to your moustache and its antioxidants help protect hair from damage created from everyday environmental factors.
Organic Coconut Oil (beard oil, moustache wax, shampoo bar)
- The use of coconut oil on facial hair helps to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, has a high affinity for hair protein, and easily penetrates inside the hair shaft leaving the hair nourished and moisturized.
Organic Shea Butter (beard balm, moustache wax, skincare)
- Used predominantly for skin care, Shea Butter is hailed for its protecting and emollient properties. It has high amounts of unsaponifiable matters, vitamin E and other natural active elements, and is a perfect natural moisturizing agent for skin and facial hair. It penetrates deeply into the epidermis and leaves a smooth, satiny finish.
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (beard oil, skincare)
- High quality olive oil is full of linoleic acids, oleic acids, palmitic acids, and polyphenols. The acids in high quality olive oil work by trapping water into your skin, ensuring that your skin is hydrated. Hydrated skin promotes a healthy beard because when your skin is hydrated it will pass nutrients in and toxins out of the cells, keeping your skin healthy and your beard looking great.
- Polyphenols are beneficial to our skin and beard in 2 ways. One reason is that they are antioxidants protecting us from free radicals that cause premature aging. The other, it protects us from UV rays that damage your skin. Having this ingredient in our beard oil keeps your skin healthy and promotes a strong healthy beard.
Organic Cedarwood Oil (beard oil, beard balm)
- Cedarwood is a pyramid-shaped majestic evergreen tree of Moroccan origin. It can grow up to 131 ft. high. The wood itself is hard and strongly aromatic because of the high percentage of essential oil it contains, and the essential oil is obtained by steam distillation. Organic Cedarwood Oil is used by aromatherapists to assist with acne, arthritis, bronchitis, coughing, cystitis, dandruff, dermatitis, and stress.
Organic Lavender Oil (beard oil)
- Lavender is an evergreen woody shrub of Bulgarian origin. It can grow up to 1 meter tall, with pale green, narrow linear leaves and violet blue flowers. Organic Lavender Essential Oil is the essential oil most commonly associated with burns and healing of the skin. It also has antiseptic and analgesic properties which will ease the pain of a burn and prevent infection. It has cytophylactic properties that promote rapid healing, help reduce scarring and a pleasant floral smell.
Organic Rosemary Oil (beard oil, conditoner, shampoo bar)
- Another shrub that originates from Morocco, Rosmarinus officinalis has scaly bark and dense, leathery needle like leaves. Tiny pale blue blossoms abound from December through spring. Rosemary can grow to heights of five to six feet (close to 2 meters) in height. Organic Rosemary Essential Oil stimulates cell renewal. It improves dry or mature skin, eases lines and wrinkles, and heals burns and wounds. It can also clear acne, blemishes or dull dry skin by fighting bacteria and regulating oil secretions. It improves circulation and can reduce the appearance of broken capillaries and varicose veins. Organic Rosemary Essential Oil helps to overcome mental fatigue and sluggishness by stimulating and strengthening the entire nervous system. It enhances mental clarity while aiding alertness and concentration.
Organic Frankincense Oil (conditioner, shampoo bar, beard butter)
- The Frankincense tree is a scraggly but hardy tree which originates from Oman and the Middle East. By slashing the barks of the tree, a sticky, fragrant resin is produced from which the Frankincense Oil is derived. It is considered a valuable ingredient having remarkable anti-aging, rejuvenating and healing properties. The scent of Frankincense is stimulating, helps in overcoming stress and despair, elevating the mind, and is also believed to encourage a meditative state, bringing balance and peace to individuals.
Organic Eucalyptus (beard butter)
- Eucalyptus oil is a great choice for stimulating the hair follicles. Massage a small amount of this useful oil into your skin on a regular basis to help grow stronger, healthier hair. Eucalyptus oil improves shine, thickness, and overall health of your hair. Organic Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil is fantastic on skin ailments such as burns, blisters, wounds, insect bites, lice, and skin infections. It can also be used combat the effects of colds and the flu.
Organic Peppermint Oil (beard butter)
- Organic Peppermint oil acts as an antiseptic for the skin. Massage your beard with this awesome oil to remove beard dandruff. Regular massaging reduces beard irritation, dry skin, stimulates hair growth and gives you healthy looking facial hair. Peppermint also has a cooling effect by constricting capillaries and helping with bruises and sore joints.
Organic Pine Oil (beard butter)
- One of the most important health benefits of pine essential oil is its role in treating various skin problems. Dermatologists often prescribe the oil for treating psoriasis, itching, pimples, eczema, skin diseases, poor skin, scabies and sores. It gives you balanced, smooth, renewed and shiny skin and can also act as an antioxidant for the free radicals which can have such a negative impact on the health of your skin. Free radicals attack the healthy skin cells and cause them to mutate, resulting in premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Pine essential oil can combat these negative effects.
Vitamin E (beard oil, beard butter, conditioner, beard balm, skincare)
- Vitamin E plays a crucial role in protecting skin cells and membranes from environmental damage. This protection extends to preventing damage to your beard and skin from UV rays, pollutants and the effects of aging. The d-alpha-tocopherol also protects against lipid peroxidation, which helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This form of Vitamin E is GMO-free and gluten-free.
Why do we use Amber Glass Bottles?
- We use amber glass bottles for better UV protection. Amber bottles can filter out blue and ultraviolet light. The problem with blue bottles is that they allow the blue light in and this is not good for essential oils, skin or beard care products. When you protect the ingredients from the harmful UV rays, you are extending the shelf life of the essential oils and maintaining their antioxidant properties.
- Why Glass? Glass is easier to recycle then plastic and more importantly, no harmful chemicals from the plastic can leach into our products. It is said that 60% of what we apply to our skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. Glass is an eco-friendly choice that protects you from chemicals that can be found in some plastic materials.